Oh the irony.

Hi guys!
Sooo, last week I was talking about learning how to rest, and how I’m terrible at it. And this week, I’m forced into resting, due to a head cold. God’s sense of humor is kind of annoying sometimes. But, I HAVE gotten a bunch of books read this week!

I finished 6 books over the last week and 2 novellas, and will DEFINITELY get more reading done today because I can’t do much else at the moment.

First up:
Renegade Skyfarer by R. J. Metcalf!
I LOVE this book you guys! Think Firefly team dynamic, dragons, disguises, and one VERY cute guardian, and I’m ALL OVER IT. The sequel releases later this fall, and I HIGHLY recommend starting this series!!

City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
I’m not a big Middle Grade reader, but this little monster is BRILLIANT! If you like slightly scary stories that’ll give you the creeps and leave you wanting more, this is the book for you! I’d recommend it for mature middle grade just in case your kids (or you😉) are prone to nightmares.

A Rumored Fortune by Joanna Davidson Politano
I’m a HUGE fan of her books, and this one is no exception. Treasure hunts, viticulture, castles, and an incredibly handsome vineyard manager added to an amazing picture of the love God has for us makes this book one of the best historical fiction novels I’ve read this year.

The Man He Never Was by James L. Rubart
An incredibly fresh take on the story of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde that studies the effect anger issues can have on the ones we love, and on our own souls, and the battle we fight against the darkness in ourselves. I highly recommend this one if you like books that make you think. 🙂

Novellas:
On the Merits of Unnaturalness
and
The Pale Dreamer by Samantha Shannon
I read these as leadup to this month’s buddy read of The Mime Order for the #countdowntopriory on Instagram! They’re really helpful backstory and information to have going into the next book in the series after reading The Bone Season. If you’re interested feel free to join the buddy read!

Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart
I was NOT expecting this book. The original cover was really a turnoff for me, so I was THRILLED to find that Owlcrate had an exclusive edition with a VERY different cover, and I actually LOVED IT! It’s a tale of sisterhood and fighting a society that is extremely oppressive of women, and learning to stand up and fight for the things you’re passionate about. As much as the original cover might be kind of awful, I still HIGHLY recommend this book!

The Crown by Kiera Cass
Soooo, confession: I kind of hated The Heir. The rest of the series was great, but I could not make myself like Eadlyn. I still am not a huge fan of hers, but this book redeemed her a bit. A good ending to the series, but I’ll stick to the original 3. Just my opinion, if you love the whole series, yay! The last 2 just aren’t my thing. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m currently reading Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas, and I’m enjoying it more than I expected to. I’m not a huge fan of hers, but I will usually read her books just to see what all the fuss is about. They’re not bad, but I do think they need to work on their marketing, since they’ve DEFINITELY merged into New Adult instead of YA. 😬

That’s about all that’s happening here! What’re you reading this week? Happy Labor Day!
Hobbit Queen out. ❤️😘


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays, sick days, and Trope Tuesday!

Bookish and blogging

July’s end, Realm Makers, and writing pitches!