July’s end, Realm Makers, and writing pitches!

Hi guys!
HOW is it August already?! Seriously I can’t even. 😬🀷🏼‍♀️
July was CRAZY. I was busy, and pretty stressed, but thankfully life is slowing down some.
Realm Makers was AMAZING. It was my first time flying anywhere,  thus the above mentioned stress, but the flights were uneventful. The conference itself absolutely FLEW by, and I wish it hadn’t. I miss my people. Hugs to all of you Realmies reading this! ❤️😘
Sooo, at Realm Makers my lovely friend Nadine Brandes taught a workshop on how to pitch your novel, and while it’s not written yet, I have an AWESOME pitch for my WIP! I might share it here someday when I’ve gotten a bit more written. πŸ˜‰

Since I barely posted any in July because life is crazy, here’s a rundown of what I read between my last post and now!

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
I read this for a buddy read through the month of July, and I LOVED it! The characters are fascinating, flawed, and complex, and the world is vivid and full of some pretty crazy stuff, but I’ll let you read it to find out what. The Mime Order is up for a buddy read in September, so I’ll keep you posted on that!

A Conspiracy in Belgravia by Sherry Thomas
The second book in the Lady Sherlock series is just as fun as the first one! I’m very curious as to where the series will go next with its fun twist on the original Sherlock Holmes mysteries.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I can NEVER recommend Laini Taylor’s books enough. Her writing style is my absolute favorite EVER. Also, I REALLY wish my hair could grow in blue like Karou’s. 😍

A Thousand Perfect Notes by C. G. Drews
Okay, who doesn’t want to read a book by the QUEEN of book blogs, PaperFury herself?! It’s brilliant and heartbreaking and gah, I. LOVE. IT!!!!

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
The continuation of DOSAB, and just as freaking incredible. Also, Zuzana is my spirit animal, and I need an Akiva, please and thank you. 😍❤️

Gone Rogue (Wires And Nerve Volume 2) by Marissa Meyer
I don’t really read graphic novels, but I’ll make an exception for these Every. Time. Because IKO!! And the Rampion crew ALWAYS.

Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
I’m still not over this one. It’s gorgeous and heartbreaking and waaay too many feels. I wish there were more in this series, and need the cute little novella that goes with them ASAP.

Invictus by Ryan Graudin
I’m a HUGE fan of the show Timeless, and this book gives me ALL. THE. VIBES. It’s brilliant and sciencey and super fun!

The Emerald Sea (The Glittering Court Book 3) by Richelle Mead
We FINALLY learn Tamsin’s secret,  which has been hinted at since book 1, and there’s cute boys aplenty. Need I say more? πŸ˜‰

A Light On The Hill by Connilyn Cossette
I’m not usually one for Biblical fiction, but I’ll ALWAYS  make an exception for Connilyn’s books. I’ve loved all of them, because they’re following the women’s viewpoint through Old Testament events. This one is no different, and might be my favorite so far!

The Love Letter by Rachel Hauck
This might be my favorite book of hers EVER. and I love all of them, so that’s saying a lot. It made me cry, and I have no complaints. ❤️

When Through Deep Waters by Rachelle Dekker
This is VERY different from her first trilogy, and just as good. I will say that there should be a couple trigger warnings due to subject matter involving the traumatic loss of a child, mental health issues, and other touchy issues, so just a heads-up there. I did really enjoy this one, but I’m still a bit partial to The Seeker Trilogy.

I’m currently reading Sanctuary by Carolyn Lix, and it’s pretty good so far! I’m also slowly going through a history book on the French Revolution for research. Pretty dry, but useful information.
Thanks for sticking with me through all that. πŸ˜‚ I know it’s a lot.
What’ve you guys been up to this summer? Feel free to leave a comment!
Trope Tuesday will be back in September, this month has just been a bit too crazy to keep up. If you have a favorite or least favorite trope you want me to feature feel free to either Instagram message me or leave a comment!
Happy reading nerds!
Hobbit Queen out. 😘❤️

Comments

  1. HEIDI!! *tackle-hugs* So glad I finally found your blog - I miss you, too! <3 <3 <3 Realm Makers was absolutely amazing.

    Wasn't Cait's book wonderful?? I loved it SO MUCH, my gracious. And I've been hearing so much about Laini Taylor ... I seriously need to get my hands on her books! *scrambles to see if my library has some*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laini’s books are some of my favorites of ALL. TIME. Seriously. You should definitely read them!!! And thanks for reading my blog! *hugs* ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays, sick days, and Trope Tuesday!

Bookish and blogging