Life, Books, and Learning to Rest

Guys, confession time:
I SUCK at self-care. There, I said it.
I’m a try to do ALL THE THINGS girl. And I end up an exhausted wreck. Every. Time.
I keep telling myself I’ll do better, I’ll take some time for me, get some writing done, go to the gym, get to bed earlier, whatever I feel like I need to do to get my energy levels back up. And it NEVER HAPPENS. I’m realizing that that needs to change. Life has been INSANE lately, especially with my day job, and I’m getting to the point where my body is telling me to REST.  So I might be posting less often, and there will be a few more books per post, but I’ll still be around, I promise. I just need to take care of me for a bit.
That being said, I have finished a few books in the last couple weeks!

The Defiance Trilogy by CJ Redwine
ALL THE YES TO THESE BOOKS!! Also, the most “me” quote EVER can be found in book 2. It may or may not refer to the stubbornness of a particular character. 😂

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
Not quite what I was expecting from a Little Red Riding Hood retelling, but SO GOOD! I love it, it’s awesome!

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
A bit of a break from my usual genres, but a fun fluffy summer read. I can’t say I can even comprehend the lifestyle, but the characters are very vivid and wacky and it’s a fun story. Some adult content, just as a heads up. 🙂

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (Audible)
It took me a bit to finally finish this one, I listened to most of it on the planes to and from Realm Makers. 😬 I’m glad the series is continuing, I’m not quite sure how I feel about where this one ended. A great listen for traveling!

I’m currently reading Renegade Skyfarer by my friend R. J. Mercalf, and it’s AWESOME! Steampunk and DRAGONS!! I’ll definitely be recommending this one. 😍

Have a great week nerds! I’ll try to be back next week! If not, I’ll be back soon. ❤️
Hobbit Queen out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays, sick days, and Trope Tuesday!

Bookish and blogging

July’s end, Realm Makers, and writing pitches!