Trope Tuesday!!!

It’s Trope Tuesday!!
What this means (in case you weren’t paying attention), is I’ll be talking a bit today about tropes!
What’s a trope, you ask?
A trope is a common or overused literary theme or device, and in some cases a cliché.

What’re some of your favorite tropes?
In speculative fiction, some of the top tropes are dragons, witches, and The Chosen One.
In romance, there’s usually a handsome rogue and the beautiful penniless orphan (and a lot of others, but romance isn’t my favorite genre. Because suuuuper repetitive storylines. 😴)
I could go on with more examples from other genres, but I think you get the picture. 😉

One of my personal favorite tropes is the Madwoman In The Attic.
What makes everyone think she’s mad?
Why did they lock her in the attic?
What if there’s more to the story?

Someday, I want to write a story that instead of a MadWOMAN in the attic, it’s a MadMAN, because WHY IS IT ALWAYS A WOMAN?! 🙄😒
And I think it could be really interesting to see how people react to such a classic trope turned on its head.

Any tropes you’d like to twist? Feel free to leave a comment!
Bit of a busy week here, because it’s the Fourth of July tomorrow!
Hope you guys have a fun holiday!
Be sure to check back in on Monday, for my regularly scheduled nerdy bookishness, and August 7th for the next Trope Tuesday!
Hobbit Queen out. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays, sick days, and Trope Tuesday!

Bookish and blogging

July’s end, Realm Makers, and writing pitches!