Heat waves and reading slowly

Hi guys!
How hot is it where you live? It was 107 in my hometown on Friday and Saturday and I am OVER it.  I’ve never been a fan of summer.
When I was a kid, summer was when we got a huge box of books that we weren’t allowed to read yet (I was homeschooled, so they were for school, but as I liked school, I didn’t want to wait for fall to start reading them). Sure, summers had some fun things, but they were pretty boring.

Now, I work in an office and sit right under the air conditioner, so HELLO LAYERS because inside it’s freezing, and outside you’ll die if you stay out more than 15 seconds.

Does anyone else feel like they read slower in the summer? I haven’t had much else to do, I just can’t seem to read at my usual speed when it gets over 95 degrees out. So I only finished one book this week.

My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
Sooo fun! I’m a HUGE fan of Jane Eyre, and this twist is an adorable, intelligent, and slightly ridiculous version of the classic gothic novel. There’s also a few new characters we get to meet, including the possibility of romance? 😉😘 I say it’s incredibly  enjoyable, and highly recommended!!

I’m hoping to finish a few more books this week, even though Goodreads says I’m ahead of my goal. I’m currently reading The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon, and it’s really good so far! More to come on that one once I’ve finished it. 🙂

Not much else to say here, because it’s hot, and I’m working on packing for Realm Makers!!
Have a good week nerds!
Hobbit Queen out. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays, sick days, and Trope Tuesday!

Bookish and blogging

July’s end, Realm Makers, and writing pitches!